Will RobinsonFull Biography
Will Robinson is running for the Florida State House of Representatives on a conservative platform. Robinson is a Governor Rick Scott appointee of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Nominating Commission, member of the Manatee Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (former Chair of Manatee Young Professionals and the Legislative Affairs Committees), and the Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Board of Governors. Robinson was the past chair of both Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee and the Bradenton Downtown Development Authority. He was also a graduate of Leadership Florida Class XXIX and the past president of the Manatee Young Republicans. He is a member of the St. Joseph Catholic Church.
Will has deep family roots in Manatee County. He and his father were both born and raised in Bradenton. Will’s grandfather and uncle founded Robby’s Sporting Goods. The family retail business was purchased by Woolworth’s in 1988 and eventually merged with Champs Sports.
The Robinson family donated much of the land now known as Robinson Preserve, located in Bradenton
Robinson was named 2014 “40 under 40” by the Business Observer and 2015 “People to Watch” by Biz(941). In his spare time, Will is an avid runner. He has completed two Boston Marathons and two Ironman races.
- • Member of Twelfth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (2012 – present), Chair (2015-2016)
- • Federal Clerkship, The Honorable Gary R. Jones, United States Magistrate, Middle District of Florida (2000 – 2001)
- • Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee (Board of Directors, 2006-2016; Former Chair, 2014-2015)
- • Lakewood Ranch Medical Center Board of Governors (2014 – present)
- • Leadership Florida Graduate, Class of XXIX (Former Calusa Region Recruitment Chair)
- • Leadership Manatee 2007 Graduate
- • City of Bradenton Downtown Development Authority (2006-2012)
- • Former Chair (2011-2012)
- • Manatee Chamber of Commerce; Board of Directors (2007-2014, 2016-present); Former Chair, Legislative Affairs Committee; Former Chair, Manatee Young Professionals
- • Manatee Tiger Bay Club, Inc.
- • Manatee County Young Republicans (former President)
- • Honored by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County as one of the 2012 Magnetic Men of Manatee
- • Manatee County Sheriff Rick Wells
- • Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight
- • Florida Chamber of Commerce
- • Suncoast Professional Firefighters and Paramedics, Local 2546
- • Florida Medical Association PAC
- • Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee